Virginia Beach natives, the Elswick family fished the east coast of the United States, Costa Rica, and various other hotspots, until 2004 when they visited Guatemala for the first time and experienced the best fishing on the planet.
Not only did they fall in love with the fishing in Guatemala, they fell in love with the beauty and culture.
In 2005, they purchased a large waterfront piece of property on the Pacific Coast of Guatemala, and opened Buena Vista Sport Fishing.
Since 2006, they have been working to create a fishing paradise unlike any other.
So let me talk to you about 6 reasons, why you should fish with
The Buena Vista Team
1. We are the only resort with dockside lodging step from boat to pool with no bus rides to and from the national marina
(Insert picture of staff on the dock after fishing)
2. Best equipped boats from modern electronics to the best local captains and mates. All new and well-maintained rods and reels. A team that is dedicated and passionate about being the best and at the same time making you and your experience the best ever.
3. Largest most spacious fishing resort in Guatemala, enjoy waterfront paradise with lots of varieties of tropical trees and plants. Seaside island is quiet and away from hustle and bustle of marina/port town
4. 15 years experience bilingual and bicultural owners/hosts bring cutting edge fishing and US style service to mesh with old-school Guatemalan Latin hospitality
5. Five star fishing and service at a two star price. Our desire is to maintain a client base that fishes with us every year. In the words of some of our clients & quote the trip of a lifetime that you just have to take every year“ At a price so reasonable families with kids can afford to fish with us every year.
6. We support the local community. From recycling oil to year-round jobs for women (there are not a lot in Guatemala) to being connected with and able to represent the whole local fleet we strive to make Guatemala better. We can provide as many boats as your group requires.